Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Small Town

So usually I try to be really good with remembering names and people and who knows my family and such, but in a small town such as this it gets difficult sometimes, and I will occasionally forget a name. Well, there is one lady that knows me-whom I would think doesn't know about this blog, so it is safe to post this- that I don't know. She remembers my parents from 10 years ago, and recognizes me in connection with them, and knows my name and asks how I am and how I have been and if I have contacted people whom I didn't really know that well 10 years ago! Perhaps she thinks that I good friends with their kids, but really... no so much. I kinda knew them, but we weren't really close then, and I think I am facebook friends with one of them, but I'm not sure.

-I have to interject, and dude, really, if you are going to look at pictures of scantily clad females in the library, at least do us all a favor and sit in the back row, NOT in the front where you are showing it to everyone sitting behind you. It gets kinda awkward.

So back to that. It is weird to see her, and have her ask about my family, and I can't return the favor, because I don't remember who her kids are, or what their names are, or anything like that. and I can't use the "Hey, I am really sorry, but I have forgotten your name" excuse, because I have already used it!

But HA HA! I have the patented "I-don't-remember-your-name-but-can-still-talk-to-you" method that I developed in college, and still use to this day! What is it? Well, I can't tell you that, but lets just say that I have found a way to address people know that I am talking to them without having to use their name to attract their attention, and therefore nobody that I talk to knows if I have their name memorized or not! This came in handy in college, as I went to a large university, and I regularly saw people who remembered me, but I didn't remember them! So I used this method with her, and viola! She went away, perhaps a little offended that I didn't ask as to her family and children, but fully believing that I fully remember her and know who it was who asked me to tell my parents that she said hi and Merry Christmas!
Ahhh small towns...
MBc

No comments:

Post a Comment