Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I get it

Mad scientists of the world, I empathize. I get it. Not the need to conquer the world, but the difficulty of pushing onwards past experiments gone awry. I just massively failed at making sourdough bread-but the first time I was successful-and had to throw away mass quantities of flour, water, starter, and salt just now. I tried to contain it, but the mixture was too much water and not enough everything else. When I realized that in no way could I save it without additional mass quantities of flour. As I loaded it into the trash bag to throw away, and carried it to the dumpster, I thought of the mad scientists of the world who, like me, had to give up an experiment or two because of the same setbacks. So I am sorry when your experiments fail. It's disappointing, and I get it.

In completely unrelated news, I have no idea how to transfer bakers percentages into cups, and I don't think that my dough will turn out right based on what I have...
MBc

No comments:

Post a Comment